Faith Fellowship is the meeting place of a non-denominational church in Sedalia, MO.
We believe that:
- The Bible is inspired of God, inerrant and infallible – a manifest of the mind of God, a roadmap to heaven, a blueprint for building character, and a textbook for the final exam.
- There is one God in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – unexplainable but true.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the grand theme of the Bible and that He, being deity, was lovingly sent by God the Father from heaven, miraculously became a man, perfectly lived His brief life, substitutionary died to redeem sinners headed for hell, powerfully rose again, sovereignly now rules over all, and is coming again to raise the dead, to judge the world, to burn up the universe and bring in a new heavens and new earth in which righteousness dwells.
- Mankind fell with Adam and Eve and all are under judgment, sinners by nature, needing to be saved from the wrath of God and hell’s consuming flame.
- The chief purpose of man is to glorify God, to love Him and enjoy Him for time and eternity.
- Salvation is of the Lord – God the Father graciously elected a people for His name, the Son lovingly purchased their redemption , and the Holy Spirit applies that redemption by miraculously calling them out of the darkness and into God’s marvelous light. This new birth is a sovereign work of God producing repentance and faith and a changed life, thereafter daily progressively conformed to Christ. All others are false Christians.
- All are responsible to repent and believe. Repentance is a turning to God from a life of sin and all known sin. Faith is trusting that Jesus died to pay my sin-debt and that through His gracious work on the cross I have full, free, forgiveness forever and a title to heaven. Faith is a life of trusting the Lord in everything.
- Baptism is for believers. It is an outward symbol of what is believed to have happened inwardly upon union with Christ, that is, the burial of the old sinful self and the raising up of a new life in Christ.
- The gifts of the Spirit are still valid, though we ourselves are not Pentecostal, nor Charismatic.
- The church meeting is to be an open, interactive meeting, not a spectator – performer setting, not a one-man show. The Lord’s Day meeting includes the Lord’s Supper, that is, a love feast, a meal, along with the symbols of the Lord’s broken body and shed blood.
 John 10:35b the Scripture cannot be broken; Rom 4:3a For what does the Scripture say?; 2Ti 3:16a All Scripture is inspired by God; John 12:48b … the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
 1Tim 2:5a For there is one God; Mat 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit; John 16:26b I will request of the Father on your behalf; Act 13:2b
 Luke 24:27 Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures. John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me
 Heb 1:8 But of the Son He says, “Your throne, O God…”
 John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son; John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me
 Matt 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. 1Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
 2Cor 5:21 He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him
 Gal 1:4 who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age
 Acts 2:24 But God raised Him up again
 Matt 28:18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.”
 Act 17:31 because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead
 2Pet 3:13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells
 Rom 5:19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous
 1Cor 10:31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God
 Eph 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world
 Rev 5:9b You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation
 John 3:8b so is everyone who is born of the Spirit
 Rom 8:30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified
 Rom 6:14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace; 2Co 4:16b yet our inner man is being renewed day by day; Rom 8:29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son
 Heb 12:14 Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord
 Luke 13:3 I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish
 Luk 24:47 and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem
 Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
 Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized
 Eph 4:11-13 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain
 1Cor 14:26b When you assemble, each one has a psalm, has a teaching, has a revelation, has a tongue, has an interpretation
 1Cor 11:33 So then, my brethren, when you come together to eat, wait for one another.